Sunday, July 29th at 1:00 p.m. on the Main Stage
– Most delicious
– Most unique
– Most attractive
– Best all-around blackberry pie
Bake-Off Contest Rules
– No advance registration or fee is required.
– All pies entered will become the property of the Pie Committee.
– Your pie must be homemade from local blackberries.
– Please use a pie pan that is disposable and put your name, address, and phone number on the bottom of the pie pan.
– Bring your pie to the Main Stage between 12:15 and 12:35 p.m. on Sunday, July 29th.
Blackberry Pie-Eating Contest
Following the Pie Bake-Off
Few summer events are more traditional, artistic, athletic, and wholesome than our annual “no-hands” pie-eating contest. The Lowell High School Wrestling Team sponsors this event.
Pie-Eating Contest Rules:
– Each contestant will pay a $1.00 entry fee and will receive one piece of pie, home-baked from local blackberries.
– Use of hands and eating utensils is prohibited.
– Cheerleading and wagers are permitted, however, contestants are reminded that “no hands” pie-eating is a solo event rather than a team sport. Physical assistance from others is considered unsportsmanlike conduct.
– Contestants may be divided into age groups, depending on the number of entrants.
– First contestant to completely finish their pie wins!
– Contestants are encouraged to wear clothing that is either disposable or borrowed.
– All judges’ decisions are subject to criticism but are final.
All remaining pies will be auctioned or sold by the piece.